Spicy Vegetable SoupSoups
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 onions, diced (may also use leeks and shallots if desired)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 32 oz. cartons vegetable broth
- 4 medium plum tomatoes diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 cup baby carrots diced
- 1 cup baby potatoes (any type) sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cup(s) green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta seasoning (or vegetable seasoning of your choice)
- 1 dollop prepared pesto
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add cayenne and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add broth, carrots, potatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes squash and zucchini. Simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in vinegar; continue cooking until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes more. Ladle soup into bowls and top with dollop of pesto.
Note: May use any vegetables of your choice.