Chef AJ's Disappearing LasagnaMain Courses
Thanks to Chef AJ for providing this amazing recipe for gluten-free, vegan lasagna. Learn more about Chef AJ and healthy cooking at www.EatUnprocessed.com.
- 2 boxes of no boil rice lasagna noodles
- 6 cups oil-free marinara sauce
- Filling No. 1:
- 2 -15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz. fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup low-sodium miso
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes ( or more to taste )
- 2 pounds frozen chopped spinach or 1 pound frozen chopped kale, defrosted, with all of the water squeezed out
- Filling No. 2:
- 2 pounds sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup raw coconut aminos or low sodium tamari
- 1 large red onion
- 4 oz can sliced olives, rinsed and drained (optional)
In a food processor, grind 1 cup nuts, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and 1 Tbsp of salt-free seasoning, until a powdery mixture is achieved. If you like it more chunky, process less.
Make the filling in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, by adding beans, basil, garlic, lemon juice, miso, nutritional yeast, nuts and red pepper flakes. Puree until smooth. Add drained spinach or kale and process again.
In a large non-stick saute pan, saute chopped onion in 2 Tbsp water until translucent, about 8 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Add garlic, mushrooms and tamari and saute until browned. Cook until mushrooms appear to be glazed and there is no more liquid left in pan.
Pour 3 cups of the sauce in a 9″x13″ lasagna pan. Place one layer of noodles on top. Cover noodles with half of bean/spinach mix, then with half of mushroom mix. Place another layer of noodles on top and add remaining halves of tofu and mush. Place one more layer of noodles on top and smother evenly with remaining sauce. Sprinkle olives on top of sauce and sprinkle with faux parmesan.
Bake uncovered 375 degrees for one hour. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s Note: If you have time, let the mushrooms marinate in the tamari several hours before cooking.
©2011 – UNPROCESSED