5 Tiny Changes to Get Big Results
Fear or being overwhelmed by the challenge ahead causes many people to give up on their weight loss goals and revert to their bad habits. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
A time-honored tactic for tackling huge obstacles is to take things one tiny step at a time. By conquering a piece of the mountain instead of trying to take the peak on the first attempt, you’re not only setting more reasonable (and reachable) goals for yourself, but you’re also shortening the delay between the start of your journey and tangible (celebration-worthy) results.
The 5 tiny changes below can be painlessly integrated into your daily life and pack a cumulative punch that really get the job done.
1. Wait 2 Minutes: When you feel those cravings coming on, don’t give in right away. Instead wait it out. If you can go two minutes without giving in your mind will move on to the next big thing and those ice cream bars at the back of the freezer will be forgotten.
2. No One Is Perfect: Don’t beat yourself up over bad choices. Guilt over a slip-up can lead to a day-long binge session. Setbacks will happen. Recognizing that and finding ways to forgive yourself is the best way to move on.
3. Focus on Your Food: Food is fuel for your body. It shouldn’t be used to satisfy cravings, fill emotional voids, or simply be a go-to when you’re bored. Whenever you put food in your mouth it should be to nourish your body. Focusing on that will help you change your relationship with food forever.
4. Breakfast is Important: You’ve heard it since you were a kid but it’s true—breakfast is so very important. Study after study have proven that people who eat a healthy breakfast loaded with fiber and protein, and other “stick-to-your-ribs” ingredients, eat less throughout the rest of the day.
5. Don’t Forget the Fruit: When you replace your not-so-healthy sweet snacks with fruit you’re killing two birds with one stone. You’re filling your body with the bright and vibrant nutrients it needs and satisfying your sweet tooth. To top it off, many of your favorite fruits like blueberries, apples, bananas, and strawberries have loads of fiber—which will help you feel fuller longer!
Don’t let your weight loss goals overwhelm you. You don’t have to conquer the entire mountain in a day. Instead, take it one step at a time. These quick and easy cheats will help set you up for success automatically. You’ll be seeing real results before you know it!
And since you read this far, here is one bonus tip.
6. Stay Hydrated: Often when you think you are hungry you are really just thirsty. Drink a tall glass of water before every meal, and when you think you are hungry.