Willpower that Won’t Fail–The Key to the New You!
Congratulations on making the choice to take control of your life! And thank you for choosing The Hollywood Diet® to help you lose weight, live healthier, and become the person you’ve always wanted to be!
You’re excited right now . . . and a little nervous. And who wouldn’t be? Somewhere in the not-so-distant future awaits a new you! But you know that diets are notoriously hard to stick with. You’ve tried them in the past and they’ve failed you for one reason or another: the holidays derail your good intentions before you even start, those after-hours get togethers with coworkers whittle away your willpower, or maybe Mom’s gut-busting Sunday Dinner is just too good to ignore!
Whatever the reason (or combinations thereof) you’ve not reached your goals in the past and you’re scared that this is just going to be another year of disappointment.
Why does it seem so hard to stick with your plan? After all, resolving to lose weight and live a better life is easy–it’s the follow through that’s hard.
It boils down to willpower–the essential ingredient for success! Willpower is what helps you battle through those cravings, ignore those empty calories, and stand up to temptation. If your willpower is not strong enough, your diet will never work.
The good news is anyone can build their willpower into a force to be reckoned with.
5 Tips for Willpower that Won’t Fail
- Loop in Friends and Family – Your friends and family should be your allies not your enemies. If you’ve chosen to change your life recruit them! If they know just how important this life change is to you, your friends and family will be more conscious of the choices they’re offering (like those high calorie snacks, drinks, and meal options) and help you make the right choices. Whether you need a gentle reminder, a shoulder to cry on, or a shove in the right direction, your closest allies will be your own inner circle.
- Accept Help – The Hollywood Diet® is here for you via social channels or a good old fashioned phone call. Seriously! The folks behind The Hollywood Diet® want you to succeed. That’s why we offer top tier support whenever you need it through social networks or over the phone. From motivational pep talks to delicious recipes and meal alternative ideas, The Hollywood Diet® can make losing weight and getting in shape seem less like a chore and more like the adventure it is.
- Drinking Rules – Alcoholic beverages are full of empty calories. But that doesn’t mean you should deprive yourself. Simply be smart about your consumption. Savor your drink and limit yourself to just one. Fill up on water or mix yourself a festive non-alcoholic cocktail such as sparkling water with lime so you don’t feel left out at social events.
- Healthy Choices that Won’t Haunt You – Sometimes you can’t always choose what’s for lunch or dinner. Sometimes you’re limited to what’s on the restaurant’s menu or what your friends and family have prepared. But you can still be smart about what you put in your body. Fill the majority of your plate with vegetables, always leave a bite or two behind, and never go for seconds.
- Take a Day Off – Changing your life is hard work. Don’t forget to reward yourself! Take a day off from time to time. This sounds counter-intuitive but if you reward yourself with a favorite treat once in a while such as birthday cake or a dinner at your favorite restaurant it’s not a setback, it’s another tool in your arsenal. When you deny yourself everything, then everything becomes a temptation. Take the power away from your cravings by allowing yourself to indulge occasionally. Just be smart and limit those indulgences so they don’t become a habit again.
Excitement and enthusiasm will get you through the first few days of any diet but willpower is what helps you press through to the end. With a little mental exercise and preparation you can ensure that your willpower will be there to back you up when the going gets tough. It also helps to understand that there is no one right way to success. Your weight loss goals are unique and so is the path you will take toward reaching them. There will be setbacks and detours but when you’re prepared you can plow through these more easily and find your way back on the path toward the new you!